- A residual household income of under £25,000*
- A confirmed offer from one of our participating universities which you have selected as your first choice**
- Be UK residents or EU students currently residing in the UK
- Start the first year of their first degree in September/October 2014
- Be on a three or four year undergraduate degree course***
* Students who normally live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland must have a household income under £25,000 as defined by the Student Loans Company. For students based in Scotland, you will need to provide proof of income verified by SAAS.
Residual household income: Your residual household income is the gross income (before tax and national insurance deductions) minus certain allowable deductions. These can include pension payments and allowances for other dependant children. More information is available from your local authority / Student Finance England or equivalent assessing agency. Please note that before being accepted into the programme, we will require proof of income.
** Accepting a participating university as an insurance choice does not satisfy the conditions relating to the Lloyds Scholars programme.
*** Students with course durations of five years or more are not eligible for the programme, unless the course is a five year ‘sandwich’ or placement course which includes a year in industry. In this case, the Scholar would receive a bursary and any other financial rewards for four out of the five years, but would not receive payments, or be required to complete 100 hours volunteering, during their placement year.